- You don't necessarily have to wear pants, you can also opt for a skirt suit, like a pencil skirt paired with a jacket. If wearing a skirt, make sure it's not too short...slightly above the knee works.
- Stay away from bold prints and colors that can often be distracting during the interview
- Keep jewelry to a minimum. I personally like to stay away from dangling earrings and go for a stud or pearl earrings instead.
- Stay away from showing cleavage or see-through shirts (big no no)
- Colors that work for a suit: black, navy, grey and brown
Here is a suit from the new Norma Kamali line at Walmart that will run you less than $20/per piece.
Here are some other options where you can find great and somewhat affordable suit (just remember this is a good investment, so if ever there was a time to splurge on an outfit this would be one of them).
- Banana Republic
- The Gap
- Old Navy
- New York & Co.
Oh.. not really a fashion tip, but make sure you have a resume already printed out before the interview. And relax, remember you are confident, smart and you will nail the interview :)