February 26, 2015
But mastering that tres-chic look, doesn't have to be that hard. All it takes is a few key pieces and you'll be on your way to conquering that French style. Here are a few of my favorites:
Classic Brenton Stripes: From a striped dress to a striped top, French women do love their stripes. Here, I paired this striped dress from Kohl's with a white button-down shirt underneath. The collar that peeks through gives it a nice polished touch.
Flats with Dresses: I love the idea of wearing flats with dresses (and this seems to be another classic French rule). For that effortlessly cool look, pair a dress with oxfords. Also, don't be afraid to mix black with brown.You can also go daring, and try a pair of metallic flats.
Sunglasses: We can't forget about sunglasses. The bigger the size, the better.
It's All About the Attitude: Overall, it's all about the attitude. French women dress for themselves and aim to feel good, and that confidence is what shines through in each outfit.
February 24, 2015
Jennifer Lopez' looked flawless, as always, during this year's Academy Awards. The combination warm peaches and diffused bronzes paired with a cool toned pink lip looked gorgeous on her. We love the natural look, not only for nighttime, but it's a look we can easily recreate for the day.
L’Oréal Paris celebrity makeup artist, Mary Phillips created her look and she shares with us a step-by-step on how to get her look, which was inspired by Jennifer's sparkly, ethereal gown.
1. I prepped the skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Moisture Blur.
2. Next, I applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Tan, followed by Armani Fluid Sheer #13 as a highlighter
3. Then I enhanced her brows using L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Designer in Blonde
4. To create the eye look, I turned to the new L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude ($19.99, available in April) followed by accents of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Smokissime Powder Eyeliner Pen in Taupe Smoke.
5. Then I curled her lashes and applied multiple coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara.
6. To complete the look, I used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Color in Timeless Rose on the lips
February 23, 2015
Creating a soothing bedroom atmosphere for a more peaceful night’s rest is SO important. Not to mention that not getting enough sleep has been linked with a laundry list of health problems. Ever since my husband was diagnosed with cancer, we take our sleep pretty seriously. As a new mom, it’s not always easy to get 8 hours of straight sleep (who am I kidding) but I try to make sure that as soon as I hit the bed, I fall asleep pretty quickly. As part of my collaboration with P&G’s Try it & Love it Sleep Soundly program, I’ve been trying out the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection to help me achieve a good night’s sleep. On a night I had difficulty falling asleep, I’ve also had the chance to take ZzzQuil to help me fall asleep easily and sleep soundly.
Here are 8 tips that might help you get a better night’s rest too!
1. Stay off tech. As tempting as it may be, try to stay off your smartphone and stop using your computer at least 30 minutes before bedtime. This will help your body know it’s time for bed. I also recently removed the TV from our bedroom (which we’ve always had for the past 7 years!) This helps us to not be tempted to watch TV and stay up even later. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll start watching shows like Top Chef and then I don’t want to go to sleep until I find out what happens haha.
2. Read a Book: Reading a book is also another great non-stimulant that can help you relax and ready for bed. Just don’t read in bed. It’s important to separate activities to signal to your body that bed is meant for sleeping.
3. Exercise: Try to squeeze in at least 20 minutes of exercise each day, but make sure to do it several hours before bedtime. If you don’t have time to head to a gym, don’t worry, I love finding a Yoga workout video on Youtube and exercise from my living room.
4. Add some Zen: Incorporate elements that inspire a tranquil environment like fragrance. I like to mist a soothing scent such as Moonlit Lavender or Warm Milk & Honey from the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection. It helps eliminate odors while creating a relaxing atmosphere. I feel like I’m at a spa!
5. Make a To-Do List: Many times I find it hard to fall asleep because I’m thinking about all the things I have to do the next day. To avoid this, I like to make a to-do list right before bed. This helps release my mind of upcoming tasks so I’m not dwelling trying to remember them all.
6. If You Still Can’t Fall Asleep: For those night when you’ve tried everything and still have difficulty falling asleep, try a non-habit-forming sleep aid such as ZzzQuil. It’s available in liquid and LiquiCaps, to help you fall asleep easily and wake refreshed. I recently tried it and it worked like a charm.
7. Get Cozy: There’s nothing that puts me in the mood for sleep like a nice cozy bed. Make sure to turn down your thermostat to between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, make sure you room is nice and dark. You can try finding some blackout shades or consider buying a sleep mask.
8. Avoid Caffeine: Try to avoid caffeine beginning in the late afternoon. This also includes tea, if it has caffeine. Instead, try to go for a decaf version or have it early in the morning.
For more information and expert advice from the National Sleep Foundation be sure to visit ZzzQuil.com and Febreze.com
What keeps you from getting a good night sleep on Sunday?
CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ IN SPANISH
February 20, 2015
We love the idea of mixing skirts with sweaters for the perfect mix of casual and formal. Here's where you can steal her look for less:
Where to Buy:
Stripe Sweater, H&M, $10 (on sale) (Also check out this sequined version from Ann Taylor)
JOA Skirt, Shopbop, $85
Black Pointed Heels, Badgley Mischka, $80
February 18, 2015
|image via SMP Living|
By Contributing Writer: Liz de la Nuez
Happy Wednesday! Here are a few fun links from around the web we thought you would enjoy.
1. We're in love with this DIY Dip-Dye Pillow from Style Me Pretty Living.
2. Tom Ford casts himself in his own ad and the result is perfection.
3. This interview with Mindy Kaling made me love her even more!
4. If you aren’t following Humans of NY on Instagram yet, then you need to start.
5. These photographs about a toddler and his view brought a smile to my face.
6. Watch the sweetest baby announcement ever.
7. This article describing motherhood made me cry.
8. Great tips on how to keep your shoes in tip-top shape from Cupcakes and Cashmere.
February 17, 2015
Whether it's skinny, moto or boyfriend, ripped jeans are the latest trend this spring. You can take a cue from Selena Gomez and go for an off-duty look with these black ripped jeans, paired with a black sleeveless tank and a fedora. Or you can dress them up with some nude pointy heels and a blazer, like we've seen Jessica Alba wear time and time again.
My favorites by far are these white ripped jeans from Topshop. I also spotted a similar pair last week at Marshalls (now I'm kicking myself for not buying them on the spot). We found several options under $100 bucks you might want to check out.
Moto White Ripped Jeans, Topshop, $70// Ripped Jeans, H&M, $24 // Distressed Boyfriend Jeans, J.Crew Factory, $54 // Leigh Black Ripped Jeans, Topshop, $70
Blog Design by Ready to Blog Designs