So part of my new year's resolution was to try something new with my hair, so a couple of weeks ago I finally took the plunge and made an appointment at Oribe Salon to cut it short. They're known for styling celebs such as Jennifer Lopez, so I figured if she could trust her tresses here, so could I right? They definitely didn't disappoint. My stylist, Steven was amazing and super talented. He had actually just got back from working on the Giorgio Armani Prive show in Paris. I got some great tips from him and from my visit so wanted to share... here they are:
- Hot rollers are perfect for getting a natural wavy look. Plus you'll be able to save time in the morning getting ready (a one inch roller is ideal for short to medium hair and produces medium sized curls).
- Applying a styling cream to wet hair before blow-drying can help tame frizzy hair (trust me, you'll need this if you live somewhere hot and humid like I do).
- Look through some magazines and cut out pictures of a couple of celeb hair styles you like. It will give your stylist a better idea of what you're looking for.
- Invest in your hair...if you spend a little bit more on a cut you normally couldn't afford, you'll see it will make everything you wear look great.
- Overall, remember it's hair. It'll grow back, so why not try something new.
Also, if you have long hair like I did consider donating it to an organization like Locks of Love.
P.S. Steven also told me he specialized in curly hair.