**Contest is now closed** Congrats to Kristen on winning the giveaway** Special thanks to all that entered and stay tuned for more fun giveaways coming next week.
During my high school days I would get some really bad acne I just wanted to crawl under my bed and not leave the house. I even remember when I first married my husband I would go to sleep with makeup because I didn't want him to see those ugly dark scars left behind from pimples. But after proper care of my skin, I rarely get any more of those breakouts and over the years of visiting dermatoglists (I've been going to one since I was 16 and I'm now 27) I've picked up some great tips that have helped me along the way. Here are some tips on keeping your skin healthy and how to be stress-free.
**I'm also really excited to share with you that I've teamed up with Neutrogena and we are hosting an awesome giveaway of their Acne Stress Control Products (more info on that below).
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water: Drinking water is not only important to stay healthy, but it also helps remove toxins from your body.
- Get between 7-8 hours of sleep: Sleep helps repair your body, so it's very important you are getting sufficient zzz's. Sleep deprivation can also lead to stress, which is ultimately not good for your skin.
- Don't pick at your pimples: I've heard this time and time again from dermatologist, but as I'm sure you know, it's easier said than done. But picking at your pimples can make it worse and can ultimately leave to scarring. Also staying away from the sun and wearing spf is very important to prevent those dark spots.
- Write it down: I'm probably the most forgetful person you'll ever meet, and one thing that has helped me along the way is to write things down. Whether it's chores, errands, due dates, goals. I don't have to stress out that I'm going to forget something. With school right around the corner for most of you, try writing down your homework assignments for instance. (p.s. Neutrogena is also having some great Back to School Savings you might want to check out on all their beauty products.
- Take a Break: Take at least 20-25 minutes out of the day for yourself. Use that time to relax, go for a walk and just declutter your mind. I've been going on walks with my husband after we cook dinner and you can't imagine how helpful it's been.
We'll be giving away a Neutrogena Gift Basket (pictured above valued at $50) to one lucky reader that includes:
-Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Line (which consists of 6 products)
-Wave for Change Tote Bag
To enter simply leave me a comment below letting me know what's your best tip on eliminating stress or having healthy skin. Contest ends on August 30th at 12pm (est) and winner will be randomly selected. Good luck!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all opinions are 100% my own