5 Tips for a Stress Free Holiday
December 2, 2011
If you're like me that likes to wait until the last minute to do all of your holiday shopping, then you're definitely going to need these stress free holiday shopping tips. Stress relief expert, Susie Mantell has teamed up with Ford Escape to offer us some fun tips to make this holiday shopping a breeze.
1. Make a Pre-Season Plan- Create a December timeline to avoid last minute pressure. Map out holiday shopping itineraries to minimize trips and maximize success.
2. Swap Friendly Favors- Reduce holiday hassles by sharing tasks with friends. Coordinate mall trips and pick up what each other needs from stores you're going to.
3. Set a Speed Limit on Spending- Minimize December debt and make holidays even more special with DIY surprises, to balance larger ticket items. Create a coupon book of thoughtful presents like, One "Do Not Disturb Day, Five Foot-Rubs or Six Carpool Trips.
4. Soothe Your Senses- Choose comfy clothes for shopping expeditions, with shoes that can go the distance. What colors make you happy? Try bright, cheery scarves or soft earth tones. Take breaks to enjoy a soothing cup of tea. If you like calming fragrances like lavender and vanilla, or perky peppermint, visit a shop that offers those.
5. Celebrate! You've gotten it all done and at last, that delicious sigh of relief as the final ribbon is curled. Now kick back and savor the joy of the season. Take time to relax, and do things you love. Celebrate the holidays, and the people you cherish: The very best gifts of all!
PS. Ford is having an amazing giveaway going on right now on their Facebook page. They're giving away a VIP experience for six different cities to win a hassle-free holiday complete with a chauffeur to the mall! Simply click here and submit your own holiday stress-saving tip for a chance to win.