Here's a little DIY project I thought you might enjoy. I did it last year for my "Little Man" themed baby shower. I can't tell you how easy these are to make, especially for someone like me, that's not crafty at all. Cupcake toppers are great not only for baby showers, but for birthday parties, bridal showers...you name it. Here's how to make them.
What you'll need:
Lollipop Sticks (bought at Michael's)
Cardstock Paper (65 pounds or above works..that's the thickness of the paper)
Gift Wrap Tape
Paper Punch (I used an X-Large Easy Squeeze Punch from Fiskars in a scalloped shape, also bought at Michael's)
"Little Man" Cupcake Topper Printables (I made these myself using Photoshop, here's a link to where you can download them: http://www.babble.com/latina/diy-baby-shower-cupcake-toppers/)
1. Start by printing out the cupcake toppers printables and cut them into squares. You can also cut them into columns to make it easier when using your punch to cut out the shape.
2. Make sure the graphic is aligned in the center and slowy punch your shape out. They have punches in all different shapes and sizes. I liked the scalloped look, but they also have circles, hearts..etc.
3. Now that you have your shape, grab your lollipop stick and place the paper faced down on the table.
4. Grab a small piece of gift wrapping tape (not too big so it doesn't go off the paper) and press firmly to secure the paper to the lollipop stick. Instead of gift wrapping tape you can also buy white circle label stickers at any office supply store.
5. There you have...you've made your own cupcake topper!
Here's the final product from my baby shower. What do you think?