|Me with Daniela from Nany's Klozet (credit: Nany's Klozet)|
We had our hair done by John Frieda Celebrity Stylist Sebastian Scolarici (here's a step by step I posted earlier this week on how to get my look). I wanted to go for soft loose waves and one product that I absolutely loved was the John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum. It was kind of rainy and humid that day, so it helped keep all my frizzy hair at bay (always a must with Miami weather).
CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE.....
The makeup was done by celebrity artist Millie Morales. She's super talented and I love working with her when I do my TV segments on Despierta America. Even when I'm not feeling my best, she manages to make me look good haha. To give my skin a nice glow, I got to try the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream. Since I was wearing a dress, I rubbed it all over my legs and it provided the perfect amount of moisture and made my legs look radiant.
Once we got our hair and makeup done, we got to meet with Aleyda Ortiz. She was the winner of Nuestra Belleza Latina 2014 and was also one of the recipients of the Divinas y Humanas award. She was so down to earth and beautiful. One of my favorite tips that she shared with us that night was that she actually like to go make-up free when she's at home or running errands (to let her skin breath). She actually learned this tip from her grandmother, who by the way was also big on fashion and beauty.
Here's a step by step from celebrity make-up artist Millie Morales on how to get Aleya's look:
1. To prepare for this event, Aleyda started using Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream a week in advance. In just five days, this cream instantly hydrated, illuminated, evened, firmed, and minimized the appearance of imperfections. “As soon as I started using Jergens BB Cream, my skin instantly felt moisturized and luminous,” said Aleyda.
2. To match Aleyda’s beautiful skin I matched a foundation. Then I used a translucent powder to seal the foundation. To build her face, I used a contouring technique and highlighted her cheekbones and a few areas of her nose. I made sure to highlight her cheek bones with an illuminator with silver tones to match her beautiful gown.
3. For her eyes, I combined cold tones like violet and silver shimmer and created a smokey nude eye. I call it that because instead of an eyeliner I used a shadow pencil on the edges of her eyes to give them more dimension and depth. For her eyebrows, I applied a cream gel with an angled brush, since she was attending an event this will last longer than a powder. When applying the mascara, I wiggled the mascara from the root to the end to create volume and avoid clumps. I recommend applying three layers of mascara to maximize volume.
4. For the lips, I applied a nude lip liner to keep color intact around her lips and then used a shimmery lip gloss in a nude tone to keep a natural look.
5. To finish her look, I used a light pink blush. I recommend smiling and applying on the apples of the cheeks.
6. Right before heading to the red carpet, Aleyda applied BB Body Cream on her legs and arms to be camera ready!
Here's a step-by-step on how to get her luscious waves.
1. I started by spraying Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray on the root of Aleyda’s wet hair. The key is to set it on the roots, where volume originates.
2. After, I applied Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer at the hair ends to avoid frizz. Keep away from roots so as not to interfere with the volume. Blow dry hair with a medium round brush. It’s best to use a brush with a mix of natural and plastic bristles because I find it gives great tension to hair for a smooth look.
3. Next, I used a 1 inch curling iron to curl Aleyda’s hair. Since Aleyda has long hair, I curled each strand in its entirety to ensure the curls stay in place throughout the night. When curling, I started at the root in order to have an even curl from top to bottom.
4. Once I curled the whole head of hair, I let it cool for a few minutes and then broke them up with Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir and a flat brush to achieve a more natural-looking wave.
5. For touchable hair to last throughout the event, I finished by spraying Frizz Ease KeraFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray.
Overall, I had an amazing time. Thanks for much to Jergens and John Frieda for the amazing experience.
This post is brought to you by Jergens and John Frieda. All opinions, as always, are my own.