DIY: Not So Spooky Minnie Mouse Pumpkin
October 10, 2016
Halloween doesn’t have to be so spooky. If you’re looking for ideas on what to do with all those pumpkins you picked up at the pumpkin patch, check out this adorable Minnie Mouse idea. My sister-in-law made it herself and I knew I just had to share with you. It can also easily be made into a Mickey Mouse pumpkin by just changing the colors.
Here are the simple steps on how to make it:
What you’ll need: white, black, and pink/red paint, paint brushes, painter’s tape, black foam sheet, pink ribbon, push pins, super glue, pumpkin of any size.
1. Divide the pumpkin in half with painter’s tape. Keep as straight a line as possible.
2. Cover the top half with black paint. Allow the paint to dry and remove painter’s tape.
3. CAREFULLY paint the bottom half in bright pink or red. Allow paint to dry.
4. With a small paint brush make white polka dots around the pink/red portion. Allow paint to dry. I used a size 6 brush but you can use any small paint brush you have.
5. Cut out Minnie Mouse ears using black foam sheet. Leave a crease to fold and pin to pumpkin using push pins.
6. Cut pink ribbon to size to make a bow. Use super glue to adhere it to the top of pumpkin as displayed in the picture above.
Blog Design by Ready to Blog Designs