Trying to find the perfect dress for the holidays? The fashion stylists over at dressbarn share with us some tips for picking the perfect dress for your body type.
Pear-Shaped: A-Line styles will have everyone making a B-line straight to you.
-Avoid anything that will cling to your lower half. Choose a dress that skims over the lower half of your body.
- A dress that hits only an inch or two above the knee will be most flattering as it won't cut your body short.
-If you want to go for print, opt for all-over print in order to balance out your figure.
- If you're petite all over, opt for something more form-fitting to show off your figure.
- Avoid dresses that may be too poofy or girlish, making you look younger that you really are.
- Don't be afraid to go for more trendy styles, a small figure can handle it.
- Avoid dresses with large, all-over prints that will overwhelm a petite body.
- Don't disregard a dress because it's too long, you can always take it to a tailor and get it hemmed.
- Choose a fabric that will drape on your body, not cling to it.
- Avoid layered dresses that will add unnecessary bulk.
- If going glitzy, make sure embellishments are toward the top/neckline to draw attention upwards.
-A dress that cinches at the waist will help create definition
Long and Lean: Go ahead, show off those stems
- A dress that hits no more than 2-3 inches above the knee is the most flattering as it shows off your legs without being too risqué.
- Experiment with fun, flowy and showy fabrics and styles that will add volume and movement to your body. Your body can handle the attention.