I received a couple of emails asking how I did my makeup in this recent video shoot I did with ZYRTEC (see post here). So decided to reach out to the fabulous makeup artist, Lindsey Gallagher, who did my makeup that day. You can check out some of her past work on LikeFlutterforLashes.com. I've had the honor of working with her before and absolutely love her work. She manages to make me look natural, while accentuating my features. Here's how you can recreate this look at home with a couple of easy steps.
By: Lindsey Gallagher,
New York based make-up artist with more than 10 years of experience
- For Carmen’s fabulous makeup, I began by cleaning her face with YES cucumber wipes, followed by Makeup Forever’s Primer. I then applied Smashbox’s BB cream in light/medium gently with my fingertips, spreading evenly as I would a daily moisturizer. BB cream can be used on it's own for a natural everyday look, however I chose to apply a foundation, in addition, on top of the BB cream for a more finished look.
- When applying makeup, I always begin with eyes. I brushed Benefit’s “Stay Don’t Stray” eye primer on Carmen's top lid with a concealer brush. This creamy product goes a long way and creates a perfect base to enhance the color of any shadow chosen.
- I used Urban Decay's Naked Palette (neutral warm colors) which include Buck, Virgin, and Half Baked. I used a contouring brush for all shadow applications. For the base shadow, Virgin was a beautiful sheer color which can be used from lid up to the brow bone as a highlight. Next, I applied Buck from the outer corner of the lid and into the crease. Following this I used Half Baked in Carmen's inner lid. These three tones helped her lids to pop, while remaining subtle and natural.
- For eyeliner, I applied an Urban Decay 24/7 olive green gel ("Stash"). This gel cream liner goes on smooth, but is versatile. It can be smudged for a smokey eye or applied like a pencil for a clean line. I used this eyeliner close to the lash line and faintly on the lower lashes. To complete Carmen's eyes I adhered natural lashes and black mascara, lashGASM by Too Faced.
- Using a foundation brush I applied Makeup Forever's HD foundation and concealer. I warmed Carmen’s face with NARS Laguna bronzer using a bronzer brush and moving in a circular motion starting at the apple of her cheekbone.
- I then highlighted her cheeks with a lovely Posy Pink blush by Smashbox. Finally, I dusted Makeup Forever's HD Microfinish powder.
- Carmen’s lips were lightly defined with Stila Long Wear Lip Color and filled with a beautiful "Cherry Blossom" lip gloss by Stila, included in their Awesome Lip Glaze Trio, which was more of a sheer lilac. This color really complimented Carmen’s skin tone.